From the age of 3 all children are entitled to 15 hours of free early years education per week during term time. At Keyworth Nursery we have places for either morning or afternoon sessions.
To apply for a part time Nursery place, please download and complete the application form, which you can download below, or collect from the school office.
We have 25 full time places in our Nursery class.
We aim to ensure that all sections of our community have access to our Early Years provision through open, fair and clearly communicated procedures.
There are two types of full-time Nursery places at Keyworth Primary School, which have different costs.
1. 30 HOURS FREE CHILDCARE
Keyworth Nursery accepts children of families who are eligible for 30 hours free childcare. Parents can check their eligibility using the Southwark’s local authority website here https://www.gov.uk/30-hours-free-childcare?step-by-step-nav=f517cd57-3c18-4bb9-aa8b-1b907e279bf9
If parents are eligible, they will be given a code. This entitles parents to a free half-day Nursery session in addition to their statutory free 15 hours per week. We ask that the 15 free hours be used by attending 5 full days in Nursery.
30 Hour Lunchtimes
30 hour eligible Nursery children are able to stay for lunch at Keyworth Primary School. There are 2 options for lunchtimes:
Option 1 – 5 full days - £15.00 per week
Your child can attend 5 full days of Nursery, with an extra cost for lunchtime. The cost is £3.00 per day for supervision at lunchtime. You can also collect your child every day for lunch which will incur no extra cost.
Option 2 – 4 and a half days – no extra cost
Your child can attend 4 and a half days a week with no extra costs for lunchtime. This means one day a week you would collect your child at 11:45am.
2. TOP UP FUNDED HOURS
These places are only partly funded by the government, and parents pay for the additional “top-up” hours which are not included in the statutory entitlement.
Top up sessions can be paid to provide a full day in Nursery for your child.
Parents also pay for lunch and lunchtime supervision.
The cost of a full-time top up place in Keyworth Nursery is £30.00 per day.
To apply for a full-time Nursery place please complete the application form which can be downloaded below, or collected from the school office.
Please send all applications to the school office email@example.com or hand in to the school office.
If the Nursery is oversubscribed the following criteria will be used to allocate places:
- Children in the care of the local authority (Looked After Children) or have previously been in local authority care
- Children of school staff
- Children who are attending Little Stars at the time of application and are still attending at the time of transition to the school nursery
- Children with siblings in the school who will still be on roll at the date of admission of the new pupil. (Siblings refers to other children living in the family unit at the same address). This includes children who have a sibling who has been allocated a Reception place, even if they have not yet started school.
- Children with exceptional medical, educational or social needs, where it is agreed by the local authority and the school that these can be best met at the school.
- Children for whom the school is the closest Nursery setting (measured as the crow flies from the main school gate).
Children who are not allocated a place in Nursery will be placed on a reserve list and may receive a place if one becomes available during the school year.